I want to do something like this to provide methods from test classes to other test classes using composition.
public class SomeTestClass : IClassFixture<SomeService>
{
private readonly SomeService SomeService;
public SomeTestClass(SomeService someService)
{
SomeService = someService;
}
[Fact]
private void Test()
{
//....
}
public SomeData CreateSomeData()
{
// populate fields with something based on internal/service state
return new SomeData();
}
public void DoSomeAction(....)
{
// does action which modifies internal/service state
}
}
public class SomeConsumingClass : IClassFixture<SomeTestClass>
{
private readonly SomeTestClass SomeTestClass;
public SomeConsumingClass(SomeTestClass someTestClass)
{
SomeTestClass = someTestClass;
}
[Fact]
private void Test()
{
var data = SomeTestClass.CreateSomeData();
// ....
SomeTestClass.DoSomeAction(...)
}
}
The test in SomeTestClass passes but the test in SomeConsumingClass fails with a message
Class fixture type 'Requirements.SomeTestClass' had one or more unresolved constructor arguments: SomeService someService) (The following constructor parameters did not have matching fixture data: SomeTestClass someTestClass
It seems like a feature like this is not directly supported as it seems to be looking for a parameterless constructor. I intended to use this pattern for each test class, therefore I am looking for some good way to do something similar without too much boilerplate code. Any suggestions on how I could provide methods from the other test classes without inheritance?
EDIT: Added some additional examples how I imagine myself using this