I would like to override a block from a twig template from a plugin in my own plugin. I have overridden native shopware templates in the past, but I have troubles with plugin templates.
The plugin I am trying to adjust is FroshProductCompare and I am also using FroshDevelopmentHelper to easily retrieve the template I am trying to adjust.
Via the development helper, I found out that the template is located at
vendor/store.shopware.com/froshproductcompare/src/Resources/views/storefront/component/compare/section/overview.html.twig
So I created the file at
custom/plugins/ExamplePlugin/Resources/views/storefront/component/compare/section/overview.html.twig
and added
{% sw_extends "@FroshProductCompare/storefront/component/compare/section/overview.html.twig" %}
to the first line of the file.
I have also tried
{% sw_extends "@Storefront/storefront/component/compare/section/overview.html.twig" %}
I have built the storefront and cleared the cache multiple times and I have also reinstalled the plugins in different orders without success.
I found similar questions, which are not the same. E.G. How to do a template multiple inheritance in Shopware 6? But the difference here is, that the block is not native to shopware and is created by the plugin.
Any ideas?