I've been trying for days to get a virtual environment for my Python project set up in PyCharm. I've seen a bunch of stuff online, but nothing seems to work for me.
Before I start anything, I run which python in my git bash terminal, which returns:
//asc/fs/homedir/<my_account>/pycharm/<repo_name>/Scripts/python
Then, when I try to officially activate the venv, I run source ./venv/Scripts/activate, which promptly fails with error:
bash: basename: command not found
()
After I do this, I lose the little tag at the end of my bash terminal dirpath that normally shows the current git branch I'm on. I don't see (venv), which seems to be the expected behavior based on other stackoverflow posts. There is nothing appended to the current directory path of my terminal.
I can no longer run a number of standard bash commands. Running which python yields
bash: which: command not found
()
Is this some sort of PATH issue? Am I successfully activating the venv at all? (What is the '()' that shows up after every command?)