Solana spl-token can't create-account on other network

Viewed 1696

I created a token on solana devnet and could easily create a account with create-account command. Then minded the tokens and all went well.

Now I try to go to testnet and create an account for this token but it throws an error:

spl-token create-account 8X1oYwCiKbPdcfzQSS3C6DoqZzr319Hv5btnZ6DfMvTi --url=testnet

Creating account 3nYJ1PGggmyjc8Ht2uqCTPeMLkBNGngm7h4THysbPXM6 RPC response error -32002: Transaction simulation failed: Error processing Instruction 0: custom program error: 0x2 [18 log messages]

I tried to look up the error in their github but it's not really helping me: https://github.com/solana-labs/solana-program-library/blob/ea354ab358021aa08f774e2d4028b33ec56d4180/token/program/src/error.rs#L16

#[error("Invalid Mint")] InvalidMint,

The same problem comes up when I do it the other way around, create token and account on testnet then try to create an account on devnet. (same with mainnet).

I have enough SOL in all the networks so that's not the problem and I have the right authority and keypair.

I feel that im just missing 1 step in the process. Please let me know how to fix this :)

1 Answers

You will have to create the token on testnet and other networks in order to create ATAs from them

Since you only created the token on devnet, it does not yet exist on testnet

Related