React Native: firebase auth/network-request-failed error when trying to create a new user, but not on login?

Viewed 367

So I have a simple React Native application where I added firebase into. I've added a firestore and setup Authorization on my firebase account. When trying to login with the set account, the login succeeds using the following code:

    const onButtonPress = () => {
        setErrorMessage(null);
        
        const auth = getAuth();
        signInWithEmailAndPassword(auth, email, password)
            .then((res) => {
                navigation.navigate('Main'); // When going to the same Stack.Screen you're already on, it won't do anything
            })
            .catch((error) => {
                setErrorMessage('Error: ' + error.message);
            });
    }

However, when I try to register in the same manner, it fails with the following error:

Firebase: Error (auth/network-request-failed)

This is my register code:

    const onButtonPress = () => {
        if (!email || !password || !passwordRepeat) {
            setErrorMessage('Please fill in the entire form');
        } else if (password === passwordRepeat) {
            const auth = getAuth();
            createUserWithEmailAndPassword(auth, email, password)
                .then((res) => {
                    setErrorMessage(null);
                    navigation.navigate('Main');
                })
                .catch((error) => {
                    setErrorMessage('Error: ' + error.message);
                });
        } else {
            setErrorMessage('Error: passwords don\'t match');
        }
    }

The "funny" thing is, when I try to login with a wrong account/password combination with my login-code, it gives the same error.

So since login works, but not with wrong account/pw combination and getting the same error as Register, I'm guessing my database setup etc is correct (since I can login), but during the create-account, something goes wrong?

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I can fix it so that I can create new users in my app?

EDIT: I'm also using Expo in this application and using "expo start" to test it on my personal Android device.

0 Answers
Related