GMB - Removal of LocationState object in Business Information API

Viewed 671

Google deprecated the old GMB API v4.9 account.locations.get endpoint, and replaced it with Business Information API v1 locations.get.

Code change that affects me is:

The new Metadata object does not return the attributes LocationState object contained before. The ones I'm interested in are:

  • isVerified
  • isPublished
  • isSuspended
  • isDisabled
  • isDisconnected
  • etc...

My question is: How could I get this data without using deprecated endpoints?

2 Answers

Try Verification API getVoiceOfMerchantState

isVerified  (verify),
isPublished (hasVoiceOfMerchant=true AND hasBusinessAuthority=true),
isSuspended (complyWithGuidelines),
isDuplicate (resolveOwnershipConflict).
isDisabled & isDisconnected have no equivalent in new API

As far as I can see, based on the link you have sent it is written:

Endpoint URL: Endpoints for all business information, attributes, categories, chains and locations search are accessible at https://mybusinessbusinessinformation.googleapis.com/v1/ instead of https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v4/

The path name for locations endpoints has changed from accounts/accountId/locations/locationId to locations/locationId

Maybe it was better if you could provide the request uri in the previous version so we could help you more precisely. Anyhow, what I tested in the google playground is as follows:

open [https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground] after setting your clientId and Authorisation stuff, in the Request URI write

https://mybusinessbusinessinformation.googleapis.com/v1/locations/XXXXX?readMask=storeCode,metadata,profile,serviceArea,labels,adWordsLocationExtensions enter image description here

instead of XXXXX, write your locationId you can write different readMask fields, The possible fields for readMask are: play with different fields to check if you have your desired one or not readMask="storeCode,regularHours,name,languageCode,title,phoneNumbers,categories,storefrontAddress,websiteUri,regularHours,specialHours,serviceArea,labels,adWordsLocationExtensions,latlng,openInfo,metadata,profile,relationshipData,moreHours";

If above does not help you, in the link below I see that all metadata attribute of a location might be:

enter image description here

Click [here] (https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/businessinformation/rest/v1/accounts.locations#Location.Metadata)

Related