I recently started working on Machine Learning with Linear Regression. I have used a LinearRegression (lr) to predict some values. Indeed, my predictions were bad, and I was asked to change the hyperparameters to obtain better results.
I used the following command to obtain the hyperparameters:
lr.get_params().keys()
lr.get_params()
and obtained the following:
'copy_X': True,
'fit_intercept': True,
'n_jobs': None,
'normalize': False,
'positive': False}
and
dict_keys(['copy_X', 'fit_intercept', 'n_jobs', 'normalize', 'positive'])
Now, this is where issues started to raise. I have tried to find the correct syntax to use the .set_params() function, but every answer seemed outside my comprehension.
I have tried to assign a positional arguments since commands such as lr.set_params('normalize'==True) returned
TypeError: set_params() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given
and lr.set_params(some_params = {'normalize'}) returned
ValueError (`ValueError: Invalid parameter some_params for estimator LinearRegression(). Check the list of available parameters with estimator.get_params().keys().
Can someone provide a simple explanation of how this function works?