Log in user to AAD without App Registration

Viewed 186

can I login a user to AAD without using an App Registration?

My problem is the following: I am currently writing a python module that wraps the Power BI REST API. Everything works fine if I register an app in AAD and authenticate via Client ID and Client Secret.

I would like to enable a user login, so that a user logs in with their credentials and can run the script with the privileges assigned to their account. MSAL seems to support that with a PublicClientApplication and the acquire_token_interactive method. It still expects a Client ID, though.

My issue is that I would like to distribute my python module to other developers, without them having to register an app in AAD first. After all, I can use the MicrosoftPowerBiMgmt PowerShell module without first registering an app.

How can I do that? Is there an authentication flow that does not need an App Registration?

1 Answers

It is not possible to authenticate user without App registration with OAUTH and OPENID connect, multi-tenant authentication means a template which will be deployed on multiple tenants with same client-id and secret

Related