vscode Jupyter notebook run button missing

Viewed 3072

Everything works fine when I first open vscode and create a new Jupyter notebook enter image description here

When I save and reopen it, the run button is gone. enter image description here

I have added "jupyter.experiments.optOutFrom": ["NativeNotebookEditor"] to setting.JSON and still no change enter image description here enter image description here

python is installed enter image description here

Jupyter notebook installed enter image description here

How can I make it to work?

5 Answers

It looks weird, the appearance of the jupyter notebook in your question is different from mine:

enter image description here

In my memory, it looks like the older version of the jupyter notebook.

Could you provide more info about the jupyter notebook you are using? Like this:

enter image description here

And could you try to reinstall the Jupyter Notebook extension and disable other extensions which may be related to .ipynb file?

Use shift+enter and that should run the cell.

You should open the folder as a workspace and then, the button is shown. If you only open the file the result is that you can read the content, but not run the python code.

To elaborate on Steven-MSFT's answer, I saw that there was a button called "Reload Extension" indicated on this drawing below:

enter image description here

You can access this sidebar by entering cmd + shift + p, and then entering "Extensions: Install Extensions", as seen below:

enter image description here

Once I reloaded my Jupyter extension, all worked fine for me.

I had the same problem today. Uninstall and reinstall of "Jupyter" extension solved it.

Related