I am trying to set up the Inventory configuration for an S3 bucket with CloudFormation. I want to get daily inventories of data in one subfolder, and have the inventories written to a different subfolder in the same bucket. I have defined the bucket as follows:
S3Bucket:
Type: AWS::S3::Bucket
Properties:
# ...other properties...
InventoryConfigurations:
- Id: runs
Enabled: true
Destination:
BucketAccountId: !Ref AWS::AccountId
BucketArn: !GetAtt S3Bucket.Arn
Format: CSV
Prefix: inventory/runs/
IncludedObjectVersions: Current
OptionalFields: [ETag, Size, BucketKeyStatus]
Prefix: runs/
ScheduleFrequency: Daily
Unfortunately, the !GetAtt S3Bucket.Arn line seems to be failing, causing an error message like "Error: Failed to create changeset for the stack: , ex: Waiter ChangeSetCreateComplete failed: Waiter encountered a terminal failure state: For expression "Status" we matched expected path: "FAILED" Status: FAILED. Reason: Circular dependency between resource". If I use the actual ARN of the bucket in place of !GetAtt S3Bucket.Arn (it already exists from a previous version of the stack), then the deploy succeeds, so I know buckets can write Inventories to themselves.
So I guess my question is, is there a way to let Cfn resources call !GetAtt on themselves, so I don't have to hard-code the bucket ARN in InventoryConfigurations? Thanks in advance!