I am trying to remove a GPU from a Virtual Machine in Google Cloud. Right now the VM is set as an A2 Series, but I'd like to switch to a GPU-free E2 machine.
I have been following the instructions here, however the Edit VM interface will not allow me to "x" out GPUs or to select less than one GPU.
As a result I keep getting this error when attempting to switch to an E2:
Operation type [setMachineResources] failed with message "Accelerator optimized instances must be attached with A100 GPUs."
After attempts at fixing...
Following @Ferregina Pelona's answers, if I try running the following from the cloud shell:
gcloud compute instances set-machine-type INSTANCE_NAME --zone=ZONE --machine-type=e2-micro
Then I get the following error:
- e2 instances do not support onHostMaintenance=TERMINATE unless they are preemptible.
However the GUI also throws a bug if I try to change onHostMaintenance to migrate there.
If I try to change it from the command line (Thanks @Ferregina for your suggestions!):
gcloud compute instances set-scheduling INSTANCE_NAME --zone=ZONE --maintenance-policy=MIGRATE
Then I get the following error:
ERROR: (gcloud.compute.instances.set-scheduling) Could not fetch resource: - Instances with guest accelerators do not support live migration.
Is there any way to set-machine-type and set-scheduling simultaneously?