I'm fairly new to Powershell and I'm stuck with this portion of a much larger script. I need to pull all Windows Services and compare them to see if their Startup Type of Status has changed. If there were any changes, I need to count them so I can put that value in the body of an e-mail. Also, I need to attach an HTML report showing the previous and current state of the Windows services that changed.
What I've done is the following:
That piece of code generates a CSV file showing the current state of the services.
Get-Service | Select-Object -Property Name,DisplayName,StartType,ServiceType,Status | Export-Csv -Path "C:\logs\after.csv"
Then i declare two variables, one for the current state, another one for the "template", the desired state of all Windows Services.
$before = Import-Csv -Path "C:\logs\before.csv"
$after = Import-Csv -Path "C:\logs\after.csv"
Then, i compare both of them, parsing only those service that've changed and generate a CSS styled HTML report based on that
Compare-Object $before $after -Property Name,DisplayName,StartType,ServiceType,Status | ConvertTo-html -Head $css | Set-Content "C:\logs\comparison.html"
This is what i get:
This is what it should look like:
Basically, i want to show the status of the latter CSV report in a new column after the Status column of the original CSV report. And I would also like to make a row count after that, so I can send an e-mail reporting HOW MANY services suffered any changes.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.

