COM class factory error when calling Crystal Reports in a .NET DLL which is being called via COM from a VB6 application. Works fine from a .NET app

Viewed 73

This is a strange one that I can't seem to get working. I have an old VB6 application that calls a .NET framework DLL through COM which in turn is calling the Crystal Reports .NET SDK. The line causing the issue is

new ReportDocument();

If I use this DLL through a normal .NET application, this works perfectly and the Crystal Report displays as intended, however one I go to call this through COM in the VB6 application, this following error comes up:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D7F5D7C3-B06C-4CAC-BC47-A06E66D2EE9B} failed due to the following error: 8007045a

I've read everything I can from others who have experienced the same thing but still cannot get it working. I have the platform target in the .NET DLL set to x86 and have tried both reinstalling Crystal Reports as well as manually registering the Crystal libraries but am still getting the same issue.

Is there anything else I can try here to get this working?

0 Answers
Related