I have a pandas.dataframe named 'df' with the following format:
| group_name | Positive_Sentiment | Negative_Sentiment |
|---|---|---|
| group1 | helpful, great support | slow customer service, weak interface, bad management |
I would like to convert this dataframe to a JSON file with the following format:
[{
"Group Name": "group1",
"Postive Sentiment": [
"helpful",
"great support"
],
"Negative Sentiment": [
"slow customer service",
"weak interface",
"bad management"
]
}
]
So far I have used this:
import json
b = []
for i in range(len(df)):
x={}
x['Group Name']=df.iloc[i]['group_name']
x['Positive Sentiment']= [df.iloc[i]['Positive_Sentiment']]
x['Negative Sentiment']= [df.iloc[i]['Negative_Sentiment']]
b.append(x)
##Export
with open('AnalysisResults.json', 'w') as f:
json.dump(b, f, indent = 2)
This results in:
[{
"Group Name": "group1",
"Postive Sentiment": [
"helpful,
great support"
],
"Negative Sentiment": [
"slow customer service,
weak interface,
bad UX"
]
}
]
You can see it is quite close. The crucial difference is the double-quotes around the ENTIRE contents of each row (e.g., "helpful, great support") instead of each comma-separated string in the row (e.g., "helpful", "great support"). I would like double-quotes around each string.