Hide fields in Lotus iNotes

Viewed 89

I need to hide/disable certain fields in iNotes address book (Internet's directory). When authenticated users try to browse other user's details from address book (New Message --> TO --> Select addresses --> Details) I want to hide/disable Details button. Browser page source inspection of that button led me to iNotes/Forms9.nsf database but when I opened Forms9.nsf in Designer didn't find any form or view that associates with any button/field in address book. Also tried in Designer to hide/disable certain fields which relate to people document in names.nsf ($PersonInheritableSchema) but without success. Is there any way to hide these fields/buttons?

1 Answers

Customizing iNotes is quite complicated. There are no classical design elements to be manipulated: you need to create a new "forms9_x.nsf" database and manipulate the javascript source code there... unfortunately it is highly obfuscated and minified so that every change is quite painful.

There once have been presentations about how to do it, but by searching for "inotes customization" I could only find one that is not completely valid anymore as the structure in forms changed significantly since then. You could start with your research on this HCL help page, but I promise it will be a long and painful way to go.

Related