I'm hoping to be able to use a definition list <dl> to format something like this:
The HTML is something like this:
<dl>
<dt>Abandonnement</dt>
<dd>m. an abandonning, quitting, forsaking, leaving off, giving over, laieng open for, prostituting vnto, others; also a proscribing or outlawing.
<dl>
<dt>Abandonnément de raison.</dt>
<dd>a wilfull defection, revolting, or swarming, from reason.</dd>
</dl>
</dd>
</dl>
However, whatever I do, I can't get the <dt> and <dd> to look like inline text. The closest I got was to float the <dt> left (bolding for emphasis):
dt {
font-weight: bold;
float:left;
clear: left;
padding-right: 0.5em;
}
https://jsfiddle.net/dL6mkba3/2/
However, as it is, the line-height of the <dt> prevents a natural wrap to the next line, and adjusting the margin-bottom to something negative causes the <dd> to be too close when the <dt> itself wraps.
Is there an easy way to format this with definition lists, or should I just use, say, a <ul> and forget <dl>?
