Say I have a data structure like so.
child: [
{
typeOfPackage: 'subSub',
parents: '/Test123/Diet/',
itemName: '250 ML',
pricePerItem: 150,
quantity: 0,
quantityType: '123',
description: '5',
avgTimeTaken: 0,
images: [],
isEnabled: true,
inventory: [],
equipment: [],
_id: 617f9efdf0347931684888fd
},
{
typeOfPackage: 'sub',
parents: '/Test123/',
itemName: 'Regular',
pricePerItem: 0,
quantity: 0,
quantityType: '1',
description: '1',
avgTimeTaken: 1,
images: [],
isEnabled: true,
inventory: [],
equipment: [],
_id: 617f9efdf0347931684888fe
},
{
typeOfPackage: 'subSub',
parents: '/Test123/Reg3/',
itemName: '500ML',
pricePerItem: 123,
quantity: 0,
quantityType: '12',
description: '123',
avgTimeTaken: 51,
images: [],
isEnabled: true,
inventory: [],
equipment: [],
_id: 617f9efdf0347931684888ff
}
]
I intend to transform this data by splitting parents. And my intended result looks as follows:
child: [
{
itemName: 'Test123',
subPackages: [
{
itemName: 'Diet',
subSubPackages: [{
typeOfPackage: 'subSub',
parents: '/Test123/Diet/',
itemName: '250 ML',
pricePerItem: 150,
quantity: 0,
quantityType: '123',
description: '5',
avgTimeTaken: 0,
images: [],
isEnabled: true,
inventory: [],
equipment: [],
}]
},
{
itemName: 'Regular',
typeOfPackage: 'sub',
parents: '/Test123/',
pricePerItem: 0,
quantity: 0,
quantityType: '1',
description: '1',
avgTimeTaken: 1,
images: [],
isEnabled: true,
inventory: [],
equipment: [],
subSubPackages: [],
},
{
itemName: 'Reg3',
subSubPackages: [
{
typeOfPackage: 'subSub',
parents: '/Test123/Reg3/',
itemName: '500ML',
pricePerItem: 123,
quantity: 0,
quantityType: '12',
description: '123',
avgTimeTaken: 51,
images: [],
isEnabled: true,
inventory: [],
equipment: [],
_id: 617f9efdf0347931684888ff
}
]
},
]
}
]
I tried using lodash's chain and groupBy but I could only get as far as grouping it by the first itemName (Test123). I could not figure out how to do further grouping inside that without using a custom for loop and map methods and that too confused me.