I'm using Firebase Analytics for My Android project. There I have a login functionality and I need to track it. So I've used the preserved event and parameter from Firebase. Link here.
firebaseAnalytics.logEvent(FirebaseAnalytics.Event.LOGIN) {
param(FirebaseAnalytics.Param.METHOD, source)
}
As you see I'm using FirebaseAnalytics.Event and FirebaseAnalytics.Param. It's preserved in Firebase.
As mentioned here : You don't need to set up custom dimensions and metrics for data collected through automatically collected events, enhanced measurement, and recommended events. So I didn't create a custom dimension for parameter FirebaseAnalytics.Param.METHOD, because the Login event is a recommended event.
But when I watch my login event in the firebase dashboard and go into details, I can't find the method parameter. I need to know which social media do users use mostly to login. But now I only see, how many login events happened. I can't see the source. So do I need to add the preserved parameters in custom dimensions as well?