I am trying to automate the deployment of an azure virtual network and azure web app.
During the deployment of those resources, everything went just fine and no errors. So I wanted to try to activate the private endpoint on the web app. This is my configuration on terraform.
resource "azurerm_virtual_network" "demo-vnet" {
name = "virtual-network-test"
address_space = ["10.100.0.0/16"]
location = var.location
resource_group_name = azurerm_resource_group.rg-testing-env.name
}
resource "azurerm_subnet" "front_end" {
name = "Front_End-Subnet"
address_prefixes = ["10.100.5.0/28"]
virtual_network_name = azurerm_virtual_network.demo-vnet.name
resource_group_name = azurerm_resource_group.rg-testing-env.name
delegation {
name = "testing-frontend"
service_delegation {
name = "Microsoft.Web/serverFarms"
actions = ["Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/subnets/action"]
}
}
}
And on the web app itself, I set this configuration
resource "azurerm_app_service_virtual_network_swift_connection" "web-app-vnet" {
app_service_id = azurerm_app_service.app-test.example.id
subnet_id = azurerm_subnet.front_end.id
}
NOTE: On my first deployment, the swift failed because I had not delegation on the virtual network, so I had to add the delegation on the subnet to be able to run terraform.
After setting in place all the configuration, I run my terraform, everything run just smoothly, no errors.
After the completion, I checked my web app Private Endpoint and that was just off.
Can please anyone explain me what am I doing wrong here?. I thought that the swift connection was the block of code to activate the Private endpoint but apparently I am missing something else.
Just to confirm my logic workflow, I tried to do the manual steps in the portal. But surprisingly I was not able because I have the delegation on the subnet, as you can see.
Thank you so much for any help and/or explanation you can offer to solve this issue





