I fail to deploy istio and met this problem. When I tried to deploy istio using istioctl install --set profile=default -y. The output is like:
➜ istio-1.11.4 istioctl install --set profile=default -y
✔ Istio core installed
✔ Istiod installed
✘ Ingress gateways encountered an error: failed to wait for resource: resources not ready after 5m0s: timed out waiting for the condition
Deployment/istio-system/istio-ingressgateway (containers with unready status: [istio-proxy])
- Pruning removed resources Error: failed to install manifests: errors occurred during operation
After running kubectl get pods -n=istio-system, I found the pod of istio-ingressgateway was created, and the result of describe:
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal Scheduled 4m36s default-scheduler Successfully assigned istio-system/istio-ingressgateway-8dbb57f65-vc85p to k8s-slave
Normal Pulled 4m35s kubelet Container image "docker.io/istio/proxyv2:1.11.4" already present on machine
Normal Created 4m35s kubelet Created container istio-proxy
Normal Started 4m35s kubelet Started container istio-proxy
Warning Unhealthy 3m56s (x22 over 4m34s) kubelet Readiness probe failed: Get "http://10.244.1.4:15021/healthz/ready": dial tcp 10.244.1.4:15021: connect: connection refused
And I can't get the log of this pod:
➜ ~ kubectl logs pods/istio-ingressgateway-8dbb57f65-vc85p -n=istio-system
Error from server: Get "https://192.168.0.154:10250/containerLogs/istio-system/istio-ingressgateway-8dbb57f65-vc85p/istio-proxy": dial tcp 192.168.0.154:10250: i/o timeout
I run all this command on two VM in Huawei Cloud, with a 2C8G master and a 2C4G slave in ubuntu18.04. I have reinstall the environment and the kubernetes cluster, but that doesn't help.
Without ingressgateway
I also tried istioctl install --set profile=minimal -y that only run istiod. But when I try to run httpbin(kubectl apply -f samples/httpbin/httpbin.yaml) with auto injection on, the deployment can't create pod.
➜ istio-1.11.4 kubectl get deployment
NAME READY UP-TO-DATE AVAILABLE AGE
httpbin 0/1 0 0 5m24s
➜ istio-1.11.4 kubectl describe deployment/httpbin
...
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal ScalingReplicaSet 6m6s deployment-controller Scaled up replica set httpbin-74fb669cc6 to 1
When I unlabel the default namespace(kubectl label namespace default istio-injection-), everything works fine.
I hope to deploy istio ingressgateway and run demo like istio-ingressgateway, but I have no idea to solve this situation. Thanks for any help.