Greetings I'm trying to connect with MySQL Workbench to localhost on Ubuntu 21.10 and I get this error "SSL connection error: SSL is required but the server doesn't support it" how can I fix it?
Greetings I'm trying to connect with MySQL Workbench to localhost on Ubuntu 21.10 and I get this error "SSL connection error: SSL is required but the server doesn't support it" how can I fix it?
This answer helped me in Workbench 8.0 https://dba.stackexchange.com/a/303329
Basically, create new connection using the advanced tab by entering "useSSL=0" in the 'Others' tab.
Yes you can set "useSSL=0" in the 'Others' tab, but unfortunately when switch to another tab of MySQLWorkbench and then switch back, that setting is just disappeared... At least for me in version 8.0.27, on MacOS. And then sometimes later that annoying prompt is showing again, don't know why...
TO SOLVE this question once and for all, you better downgrade it to version 8.0.26 at this place: https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/workbench/, and the SSL options are all back, so you don't need to use "useSSL=0".
Consider the following steps:
You need to downgrade to a lower workbench version here in order to see more options in the drop-down from step 4.
one way to fix this is to go to /usr/share/mysql-workbench/modules/data/ and open the file mysql_rdbms_info.xml (in some cases there are two files with this name, but none of these exist you will find the following text).
Once inside the file, we will look for "2 | Require, 3 | Require and verify CA, 4 | Require and verify identity" and add "0 | No, 1 | If available" to the lines that do not contain this. Save the changes and then yes, follow these steps: