GIT ignores Proxy Configuration in CentOS

Viewed 62

I try to clone a git rep to my CentOS machine. Problem is whatever i try git ignores my proxy setup and throws this error message when trying to clone netbox:

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/netbox-community/netbox.git/': OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to github.com:443

We use a cisco wsa as proxy and i setup the proxy without authentication for my machine.

I set the proxy via environment variables and directly in git config via

git config --global http.proxy http://webproxy.tld:8080

I also tried:

git config --global https.proxy http://webproxy.tld:8080

But it still wont use the proxy. I can see it on the firewall that my server is trying to access github directly via firewall gateway the proxy server has no log entrys.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

1 Answers

The proxy does not must have protocol prefix, so please try with:

git config --global http.proxy webproxy.tld:8080

Or into your .bashrc:

export http_proxy=webproxy.tld:8080

Please, let me know if it worked.

Related