I want to see sonar results in the MR(merge request) command section when I create a MR.
My main expectations:
- if there is an existing MR for the source branch, trigger detached pipeline (do not trigger feature pipeline. I need only that one for reviewing sonar results in MR commands)
- if there isn't an existing MR for the source branch, just trigger the normal feature(source) branch pipeline
I tried to do it with the below example stage. But when I pushed the commit to the source pipeline, while MR is exist for source branch. I still getting double pipeline. Detach and source pipelines are running and I don't want to see both in same time, plus except not working with rules configuration. How can I integrate except section with rules part.
This is my gitlab-ci stage:
deploy:
stage: deployment
when: manual
rules:
- if: '$CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == "merge_request_event" && $CUSTOM_VARIABLE == "true" || $CUSTOM_VARIABLE == "true"'
script:
- ....
- ....
except:
- tags
- main
I also tried below rules, if one of them fit my condition don't run the other one. But it still trigger both pipelines.
deploy:
stage: deployment
when: manual
rules:
- if: '$CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == "merge_request_event" && $CUSTOM_VARIABLE == "true"'
when: on_success
- if: '$CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == "push" && $CUSTOM_VARIABLE == "true"'
when: on_success
script:
- ....
- ....
except:
- tags
- main