I've got a complex component which does all its rendering in a render function. There are multiple parts to this, and different bits of the view get rendered - one of these things is a filter bar, showing the filters that have been applied.
What I'm noticing happening, is if I apply a filter which in turn presents this bar, it causes everything else to be fully re-rendered. This is causing a number of other issues and I need to try and stop it from happening.
I've never come across this issue when using normal templates as Vue seems to handle these very intelligently, but I have no idea how to tackle this. The only thing I can think of is setting a key on each thing I don't want re-rendered but not sure if this will a) solve the problem, and b) be possible for the content that is passed in through a slot
Has anyone else faced this issue, and if so how can it be solved?