Octave GUI on Mac is not able to find a file

Viewed 338

I entered this code on my octave GUI on Mac:

>>cd file:///Users/Sudipta/Downloads/Stanford/warmUpExercise.m 
error: file:///Users/Sudipta/Downloads/Stanford/warmUpExercise.m: No such file or directory

I am using macOS Big Sur and Octave version 3.8.0.The file in question exists in my computer and I have checked this code multiple times.

It is not able to locate the file on my MacBook for some reason. Can someone help?

Edit: I have tried a new code as mentioned in the comments, but it also can't find the file

>> cd Users/Sudipta/Downloads/Stanford/warmUpExercise.m
error: Users/Sudipta/Downloads/Stanford/warmUpExercise.m: No such file or directory

I have also tried:

1.>> cd Users/Sudipta/Downloads
error: Users/Sudipta/Downloads No such file or directory
2.>> cd Users/Sudipta/Downloads/Stanford
error: Users/Sudipta/Downloads/Stanford No such file or directory

And I got the same error as above.

The other code gave a different error:

3.> cd /Users/Sudipta/Downloads
warning: load_path: .: Operation not permitted
QKqueueFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: open: Operation not permitted
Warning: QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /Users/Sudipta/Downloads
0 Answers
Related