Android Studio complains about usage of AndroidX dependencies but they are not used

Viewed 76

Using AS Artic Fox 2020.3.1. patch 3, AGT v4.2.2 and Gradle v6.7.1 with my project, AS produces the following error:

Execution failed for task ':app:dataBindingMergeGenClassesFastDebug'.
This project uses AndroidX dependencies, but the 'android.useAndroidX' property is not enabled. Set this property to true in the gradle.properties file and retry.
The following AndroidX dependencies are detected: androidx.annotation:annotation:1.1.0

I do not have any import statements like import androidx.... anymore. Both android.useAndroidX and android.enableJetifier are false and I cannot migrate to AndroidX yet because so many migration errors have to be fixed manually.

I've set minSdkVersion to 21, compileSdkVersion to 28 and targetSdkVersion to 23.

gradlew app:dependencies only shows one lib which imports androidx:

Gradle annotationProcessor - Classpath for the annotation processor for 'main'. (n)
\--- androidx.databinding:databinding-compiler:4.2.1 (n)

On another machine I've AS 4.2 installed. Compiling with this version result in no error.

How can I use AS Artic Fox with my project and determine the root cause of the task execution error?

0 Answers
Related