I have a picture of a university campus and want to make a similar map in a gazebo, how to build such a map in a gazebo, I have searched but no answer. I'm using ros1 noetic.
I have a picture of a university campus and want to make a similar map in a gazebo, how to build such a map in a gazebo, I have searched but no answer. I'm using ros1 noetic.
Not Sure if that is what you meant, but there is a Ros package called map2gzebo, its an open source which is used to convert 2D image to gazebo map.
After installing the package, in order to create the new map, you need to publish your image to ros topic, you can do it using map_server.
Then in order to convert the image to gazebo map run:
roslaunch map2gazebo map2gazebo.launch
In order to see the map on gazebo run:
roslaunch map2gazebo gazebo_world.launch
For deeper information look at map2gazebo