I've been trying to replicate the "A simple example" posted at https://dash-julia.plotly.com/clientside-callbacks
The server runs... but when I connect to it I get a JSON parse error in Firefox.
I was able to solve the problem, but I'd like to understand what's wrong...
The problem was this line inside the Dash app.layout:
options=[(label = country, value = country) for country in available_countries]
and the available_countries variable was obatined from:
read_remote_csv(url) = DataFrame(CSV.File(HTTP.get(url).body))
df = read_remote_csv("https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plotly/datasets/master/gapminderDataFiveYear.csv")
available_countries = unique(df.country)
Apparently the error showed because available_countries was an Array{String31,1}: and specifically the problem was the String31 type.
when I converted the variable to a plain String type:
available_countries = convert(Array{String,1},available_countries)
the problem solved.
Now... I'm not sure if the String31 type came from the HTTP.get(), CSV.File() or the DataFrame() functions.
I'm assuming the example used to work when it was originally written but it broke with an update... Can anyone explain where exactly the error originates? Is it a Package version thing? which package? (HTTP, CSV, Dataframes)? How can I avoid it moving on?
