Is there a way to conveniently export Grafana configurations, e.g. alerts, so they can be provisioned?

Viewed 952

I am using Grafana v8.2+ and created some (unified) alerts and such things via the very convenient web UI.

Is there a way to export all these configurations done in the web UI, so that I can eventually store them in a git repo and provision it later on again?

I already did this with datasources and dashboard providers, but it is rather tedious to pick together the YAML files from stackoverflow or some other sources, so I hoped for a convenient export mechanism.

1 Answers

There is no export/import of the alerting rules in the unified alerting page similar to dashboards as of now which makes the provisioning process a little bit harder. This is much needed feature, please check this grafana community page.

You can use the API to export/import alert rules, there are examples on how to do that in the same community page in this comment and this comment.

Related