Why do I get these errors with my ternary operator?

Viewed 95

This is what I get in the console: Unnecessary use of boolean literals in conditional expression no-unneeded-ternary.

I'm just trying to do a ternary operator that validates the state of a game and only if the game has started and the user.role is equal with player I disable the button. I am using reactjs and with the help of FormField hook I am making a form.

disabled ={(game.state === 'started' && user.role === PLAYER) ? true : false} 
2 Answers

The ternary operator is unnecessary:

disabled ={(game.state === 'started' && user.role === PLAYER)} 

No need to use statements in this case, ESlint is letting you know it's redundant since the value produced from this statement is already a boolean and you can create a simpler code.

Just write:

disabled = {(game.state === 'started' && user.role === PLAYER)}
Related