I have a large dataframe that consitsts of many cycles, each cycle has 2 maximum peak values inside that I need to capture into another dataframe.
I have created a sample data frame that mimics the data I am seeing:
import pandas as pd
data = {'Cycle':[1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3], 'Pressure':[100,110,140,180,185,160,120,110,189,183,103,115,140,180,200,162,125,110,196,183,100,110,140,180,185,160,120,180,201,190]}
df = pd.DataFrame(data)
As you can see in each cycle there are two maxes but the part I was having trouble with was that the 2nd peak is usaully higher than the first peak, so there could be rows of numbers technicially higher than the other peaks max in the cycle. The results should look something like this:
data2 = {'Cycle':[1,1,2,2,3,3], 'Peak Maxs': [185,189,200,196,185,201]}
df2= pd.DataFrame(data2)
I have tried a couple methods including .nlargest(2) per cycle, but the problem is that since one of the peaks is usually higher it will pull the 2nd highest number in the data, which isnt necesssarily the other peak.
This graph shows the peak pressures from each cycle that I would like to be able to find.

Thanks for any help.