Using the Shiny and visNetwork R packages I have created an interactive network visualisation. I would like to enable users to remove/add nodes and edges by using checkboxes in the UI. I managed to get this working partially, but somehow my solution does not work when multiple items are filtered.
An example of the behaviour I am trying to achieve can be viewed here.
Please find my code below.
library(visNetwork)
library(shiny)
library(dplyr)
nodes <- data.frame("id" = 1:6)
edges <- data.frame("id" = 1:4, "to" = c(1,2,4,5), "from" = c(2,3,5,6))
ui <- fluidPage(title = "example",
fillPage(
sidebarLayout(
sidebarPanel(
checkboxGroupInput(inputId = "filterNodes",
label = "Select nodes:",
choices = nodes$id,
selected = nodes$id),
width = 3),
mainPanel(
visNetworkOutput("network_proxy_update",width = "100%", height = "90vh"),
width = 9)
)
)
)
server <- function(input, output) {
output$network_proxy_update <- renderVisNetwork({
visNetwork(nodes, edges) %>% visNodes (color = "blue")
})
observe ({
filteredNodes <- data.frame("id" = nodes[nodes$id %in% input$filterNodes, "id"])
hiddenNodes <- anti_join(nodes, filteredNodes)
visNetworkProxy("network_proxy_update") %>%
visRemoveNodes(id = hiddenNodes) %>%
visUpdateNodes(nodes = filteredNodes)
})
}
shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Tim
