Note: This may be the wrong StackExchange site for this, but I'm starting out looking for programming/server solutions, and I'm most familiar with StackOverflow.
We are a travel company with a classic ASP application that we have been running since 2003, that requires Internet Explorer. Last summer, we finally signed up for an SaaS system, which we hoped to have implemented by January 1. However, they just told us that the (new) parts we need won't be ready for 9-12 months, and implementing the new system is going to take 4-5 months beyond that.
I was looking into Edge as a bandaid over that time period, because it is better about handling old code/activex than it used to be. It almost works, but the system is built with popups and frames, with a few iFrames thrown in. (Yes, Frames, not just iFrames.) Every time we do a report, or search, or anything that requires a popup, it adds this to the top:
![[![enter image description here][1]][1]
[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/qsoCB.png](https://i.stack.imgur.com/LyCBX.png)
Every report shows that information. Every control panel (for editing the report) shows that option. It makes it a non-viable option for us; EVERY report, you've got to close that insert twice, once in the editing panel for the report - otherwise, you can't even see the controls - and once in the report itself. And that is not the only place they are appearing, only the most egregious.
Is there a change to the meta tag I can add to make that go away? Currently it is set to <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=5">. Is there something I can change on the server? Something in the app? Something in Edge? I'm having no luck whatsoever, and Googling didn't help.