Need to implement a function
int* linearSearch(int* array, int num);
That gets a fixed size array of integers with a number and return an array with indices to the occurrences of the searched number. For example array={3,4,5,3,6,8,7,8,3,5} & num=5 will return occArray={2,9}. I've implemented it in c++ with a main function to check the output
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int* linearSearch(int* array, int num);
int main()
{
int array[] = {3,4,5,3,6,8,7,8,3,5}, num=5;
int* occArray = linearSearch(array, num);
int i = sizeof(occArray)/sizeof(occArray[0]);
while (i>0) {
std::cout<<occArray[i]<<" ";
i--;
}
}
int* linearSearch(int* array, int num)
{
int *occArray= new int[];
for (int i = 0,j = 0; i < sizeof(array) / sizeof(array[0]); i++) {
if (array[i] == num) {
occArray[j] = i;
j++;
}
}
return occArray;
}
I think the logic is fine but I have a syntax problems with creating a dynamic cell for occArray Also a neater implantation with std::vector will be welcomed
Thank You