Python 3.10 warning

Viewed 7615
warning: PYDEVD_USE_CYTHON environment variable is set to 'NO'. Frame evaluator will be also disabled because it requires Cython extensions to be enabled in order to operate correctly.
C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2021.2.3\plugins\python-ce\helpers\pydev\pydevd.py:1844: DeprecationWarning: currentThread() is deprecated, use current_thread() instead
  dummy_thread = threading.currentThread()

I installed the newest version of python, deleted older one and this warning poped up. Python codes run as usual, but this message pops up after debugging. I use Pycharm as an IDE. How to resolve this issue?

2 Answers

This was fixed in Pycharm 2021.3. Upgrade and it will go away.

See 2021.3 release notes.

Bug     PY-44838    Build debugger binaries for Python 3.10

I have the same notification after moving to python 3.10

The thing is disabled Cython speedups for Python 3.10 intentionally as they are breaking the debugger. JetBrains are working on the fix and will bundle the pre-compiled speedups for Python 3.10 on Windows (as they do for other versions)

Link to issue

Related