PgPool-II backend authentication failed

Viewed 496

I'm trying to configure pgpool as the load balancer for my Postgres cluster. I have two postgres nodes, 1 master and 1 slave.

My pg_hba.conf looks like

hostssl  user  mydb  1.1.1.1/32  md5
hostssl  user  postgres 1.1.1.1/32  md5
host     user  mydb  1.1.1.1/32  md5
host     user  postgres 1.1.1.1/32  md5

where 1.1.1.1/32 is my actual pgpool server IP.

If I try to establish a connection to ether master or slave using psql right from the pgpool container, I can do it without any problems. But when I start pgpool I got this error message:

2021-10-26 13:50:13: pid 753: ERROR:  backend authentication failed
2021-10-26 13:50:13: pid 753: DETAIL:  backend response with kind 'E' when expecting 'R'
2021-10-26 13:50:13: pid 753: HINT:  This issue can be caused by version mismatch (current version 3)
2021-10-26 13:50:13: pid 736: ERROR:  backend authentication failed
2021-10-26 13:50:13: pid 736: DETAIL:  backend response with kind 'E' when expecting 'R'
2021-10-26 13:50:13: pid 736: HINT:  This issue can be caused by version mismatch (current version 2)

If I edit pool_passwd file and set some invalid password I got a proper error


2021-10-26 13:59:03: pid 736: ERROR:  md5 authentication failed
2021-10-26 13:59:03: pid 736: DETAIL:  password does not match

So I guess that's not a problem with my postgres credentials.

Any ideas?

0 Answers
Related