Google Data studio can't find the bigquery dataset after moving to a different location

Viewed 483

I have changed the location of several datasets in bigquery. The final names have not been changed after the operation.

I can query them in the bigquery UI but data studio is raising an error (BigQuery error: Not found: Dataset xxx:yyy)

It seems that data studio is not changing the processing location.

Is there a fix or solution for this?

2 Answers

Here is how I solved this bug without breaking my dashboards.

  1. Click on "Resource" -> "Manage added data sources";
  2. Find the data source that you need to reconnect and "Edit" it;
  3. Click on "Edit Connection" on top-left;
  4. Click on "Custom Query" and use this template: SELECT * FROM `{project}.{dataset}.{table}`
  5. Click on "Reconnect";

By doing this, you can preserve all your fields & tables.

After that, you can use it just like that or move back to selecting the dataset and table and reconnect again.

I've seen this and "Reconnect" does not work. The fix is to Copy the report, then it will work. Rename the old report with a (Do Not Use) suffix, then remove "Copy of" from your new report name.

You will need to reset the Share permissions to the same as the old report. Of course any links to the old report need to change too.

Related