I just read this article
What I am truly missing here though is if I drop 50 files and this is a streaming job like the article says(always live), then won't the output be a windowed join of all the files?
If not, what would it look like and how would it change to be a windowed join? I am trying to get a picture of my head of both worlds of
- A windowed join in a streaming job(outputting 1 file for all the files input)
- A not windowed join in a streaming job(outputting 1 file PER input file)
Can anyone shed light on that article and what would change?
I also read something about 'Bounded PCollections'. In that case, perhaps windowing is not needed as inside the stream it is sort of like a batch of until we have the entire Pcollection processed, we do not move to the next stage? Perhaps if the article is using bounded pcollcation, then all input files map 1 to 1 with output files?
How can one tell from inside a function if I am receiving data from a bounded or unbounded collection? Is there some other way I can tell that? Is bounded collections even possible in apache beam streaming job?