So long story short, I'm trying to run a linux perl script in Windows ( with few modifications ).
On Unix it works just fine, but on Windows I come to the conclusion that calling for system doesn't work the same as on Unix and so it doesn't create multiple processes.
Below is the code :
use strict;
use warnings;
open (FIN, 'words.txt'); while (<FIN>) {
chomp;
my $line = $_;
system( "perl script.pl $line &" );
}
close (FIN);
So basically, I have 5 different words in "words.txt" which I want each and every one to be used one by one when calling for script.pl , which means :
word1 script.pl
word2 script.pl
word3 script.pl
etc
As of now it opens just the first word in words.txt and it loops with that one only. As I said, on Unix it works perfectly, but not on Windows.
I've tried to use "start" system( "start perl script.pl $line &" ); and it works...except it opens 5 additional CMDs to do the work. I want it to do the work on the same window.
If anyone has any idea how this can work on window, i'll really appreciate it.
Thanks!