Windows Authentication in Blazor WASM

Viewed 399

I am implementing a WebApp in our company's intranet with Blazor WebAssembly. I need to make API-Calls to our DevOps Server hosted in our intranet and need to use Windows Authentication to access the API. In the former used WPF Client it was enough to just add the UseDefaultCredentials-Flag on the HttpClient, but that does not work in WebAssembly anymore since the App is running in the browser. The Microsoft Docs state We don't recommend using Windows Authentication with Blazor Webassembly, but not recommend does not mean not support, so it has to be possible somehow, to attach the current App-User's Windows Credentials(Token) to the API Call. Unfortunately there exists no example on the docs page on how to implement this and I have not found any code on how to tackle this, although on some forums people wrote that it is possible, but did not include the How in their comments.

I am using .NET5 for both Server and Client and need to make the Api-Call with Windows Authentication from the Client, not the Server as most examples are using it, as my Server-Project uses the same User for all Requests but I need the User of the Client-Project.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

0 Answers
Related