I'm having problems with heatmap.
I create the following function to show the analysis with heatmap
data = [ 0.00662896, -0.00213044, -0.00156812, 0.01450994, -0.00875174, -0.01561342, -0.00694762, 0.00476027, 0.00470659]
def plot_heatmap(pathOut, data, title, fileName, precis=2, show=False):
from matplotlib import cm
fig = plt.figure()
n = int(np.sqrt(len(data)))
data = data.reshape(n,n)
heatmap = plt.pcolor(data,cmap=cm.YlOrBr)
xLabels = (np.linspace(1,n,n,dtype=int))
yLabels = (np.linspace(1,n,n,dtype=int))
xpos = np.linspace(1,n,n)-0.5
ypos = np.linspace(1,n,n)-0.5
for y in range(n):
for x in range(n):
plt.text(x + 0.5, y + 0.5, f'{data[y, x]:.{precis}f}',
horizontalalignment='center',
verticalalignment='center',
)
plt.colorbar(heatmap, format='%.2f')
plt.xticks(xpos,xLabels)
plt.yticks(ypos,yLabels)
plt.title(f'{title}')
if (show == False ):
plt.close(fig)
elif (show == True):
plt.show()
fig.savefig(f'{pathOut}/{fileName}.pdf', format='pdf')
When I call the function the heatmap is created but not correctly, because I would like to show values at a specific precision. I know how to define text precision and scale precision, but how to adjust data precision to generate the correct heatmap?
In the attached figure, I have 7 cells equal to 0, for my desired precision, but the data used has a larger precision what produce different colors.


