So I am making a program that checks if a number is divisible by another number or not. If it is its supposed to return true, otherwise false. Here's what I have so far.
P.S : I'm using IBM (GnuCOBOL v2.2 -std=ibm-strict -O2) to run this.
IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID. CHECKER.
DATA DIVISION.
WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
01 BASE PIC 9(5).
01 FACTOR PIC 9(2).
01 RESULT PIC 9(5).
88 TRU VALUE 0 .
88 FAL VALUE 1 THRU 99 .
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
CHECK-FOR-FACTOR SECTION.
IF FUNCTION MOD(BASE, FACTOR) = 0 THEN
SET TRU TO TRUE
ELSE
SET FAL TO TRUE
END-IF.
END PROGRAM CHECKER.
It gives me error saying invalid use of level 88. I'm sure I'm making a mistake, and I've searched for couple of days and I can't seem to find anything that can help me with it. Any ideas if it is possible in COBOL or does COBOL handle all the boolean stuff some other way ?
(Kindly do not reply with look up level 88 or some other stuff like that, I have already looked them up and they haven't been helping)