How to define string that contains the symbols double and single quote at the same time, in Powerhsell?

Viewed 36

I need to put the following text format into a variable

"Sometext":"more text";'still text

However, because the text has double and single quotes, I can't put it in a string. I've tried using @''@, and @""@ but it's not working. Sidenote: I can't edit the text because it's originated automatically What can I do?

Thank you in advance

2 Answers

If it's a literal, you can use a here string:

$variable = @"
"Sometext":"more text";'still text
"@

(Note that the final "@ has to be on a separate line, at the very beginning of that line.)

To build strings with complex quotations, consider composite formatting. Save the quotes in a variable and use formatting placeholders to insert them. Like so,

$squote = "'"
$dquote = '"
$myString = "{0}Sometext{0}:{0}more text{0};{1}still text" -f $dquote, $squote
$myString
"Sometext":"more text";'still text
Related