I am trying to calculate return values for minimal temperature, which is negative and I got a warning message:
In log(z): NaNs produced
It is very strange, because I got warning messages only for some vectors (21 of 95). I tried to restart R and do not know what else to do. Use is.nan? But I do not know where to incorporate it...
My data is:
mmm <- c(-18.78, -16.81, -15.92, -14.03, -12.58, -25.26 ,-22.57, -27.86, -15.39, -13.32, -8.37, -15.10, -14.33, -14.50, -21.93, -17.75, -24.64, -24.96, -17.91, -17.68, -15.43, -18.16, -19.35, -27.34, -18.60, -14.34, -24.10, -13.75, -12.18, -17.02, -21.08, -21.14, -23.85, -17.80, -18.22, -11.15, -16.44, -15.20, -17.51, -12.33, -4.10)
Code:
library(extRemes)
library(xts)
mle <- fevd(mmm, method = "MLE", type = "GEV")
rl <- return.level(mle, conf=0.05, return.period=c(10, 20, 50, 100))
rl
The result is:
fevd(x = mmm, type = "GEV", method = "MLE")
get(paste("return.level.fevd.", newcl, sep = ""))(x = x,
return.period = return.period, conf = 0.05)
GEV model fitted to mmm
Data are assumed to be stationary
[1] "Return Levels for period units in years"
10-year level 20-year level 50-year level
1.998987e+67 3.880116e+88 1.393228e+116
100-year level
6.205119e+136