I'm tring to set up fastify-socket.io, fastify-cors, but I'm still getting CORS errors.
I have fastify-cors and fastsity-socket.io registered
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://localhost:5000/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=polling&t=NoUUJ6g. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing).
Here is the back-end code:
import fastify from "fastify";
import fastifyIO from "fastify-socket.io";
import fastifyCors from "fastify-cors";
const server = fastify();''
const PORT = 5000;
server.register(fastifyIO);
server.register(fastifyCors),
{
origin: "*",
methods: "GET,POST,PUT,PATCH,DELETE",
};
server.listen(PORT, () => {
console.log(`Server running on port:${PORT}`);
});
server.get("/", (request, reply) => {
reply.status(200).send({ ServerOnline: true });
});
server.ready().then(() => {
server.io.on("connection", (socket) => {
console.log("user connected" + socket.id);
socket.on("message", (data) => {
console.log(data);
});
});
});
Here is the front end code:
import "./App.css";
import { io } from "socket.io-client";
function App() {
const sendData = () => {
const socket = io("http://localhost:5000");
socket.on("connection");
const sendMessage = () => {
socket.emit("message", "hey it worked!");
};
sendMessage();
};
return (
<div className="app-container">
<h1>Socket.IO</h1>
<button onClick={sendData}>Send</button>
</div>
);
}
export default App;
I'm not sure why I'm getting these cors Errors I think it has something to do with fastify-socket.io