So, I am trying to use the pyodata library in Python to access and download data from Odata.
I tried accessing the Northwind data and it worked. So, i guess the codes i used is ok.
import requests
import pyodata
url_t = 'http://services.odata.org/V2/Northwind/Northwind.svc'
# connection set up
northwind = pyodata.Client(url_t, requests.Session())
# This prints out a single value from the table Customers
for customer in northwind.entity_sets.Customers.get_entities().execute():
print(customer.CustomerID,",", customer.CompanyName)
break
# This will print out - ALFKI , Alfreds Futterkiste
I also tried connecting to Odata in excel to see if the codes above return the correct data, and it did.
Click to see the screenshot in excel for Odata connection
Now, using the same code to connect to the data source where I want to pull the data did not work:
#using this link to connect to Odata worked.
url_1 = 'https://batch.decisionkey.npd.com/odata/dkusers'
session = requests.Session()
session.auth = (user_name, psw)
theservice = pyodata.Client(url_1, session)
The above codes return this error message(is it something about security?):
Connecting to the data in excel looks like this:
I am thinking about it might be security issue that is blocking me from accessing the data, or it could be something else. Please let me know if anything need to be clarify. Thanks.
First time asking question, so please let me know if anything I did not do right here. ^_^