I have a handwritten class MyURLRequest, that implements Operation. Inside it creates URLSession, configures it
public init(shouldWaitForConnectivity: Bool, timeoutForResource: Double?) {
baseUrl = URL(string: Self.relevantServerUrl + "api/")
self.shouldWaitForConnectivity = shouldWaitForConnectivity
self.timeoutForResource = timeoutForResource
super.init()
localURLSession = URLSession(configuration: localConfig, delegate: self, delegateQueue: nil)
}
public var localConfig: URLSessionConfiguration {
let res = URLSessionConfiguration.default
res.allowsCellularAccess = true
if let shouldWaitForConnectivity = shouldWaitForConnectivity {
res.waitsForConnectivity = shouldWaitForConnectivity
if let timeoutForResource = timeoutForResource {
res.timeoutIntervalForResource = timeoutForResource
}
}
return res
}
creates URLRequest, dataTask, and then being run on OperationQueue. Operation's methods looks like this
override open func start() {
if isCancelled {
isFinished = true
return
}
startDate = Date()
sessionTask?.resume()
localURLSession.finishTasksAndInvalidate()
}
override open func cancel() {
super.cancel()
sessionTask?.cancel()
}
MyURLRequest also implements URLSessionDataDelegate and URLSessionTaskDelegate and the being delegate for it's own URLSession.
There is a problem with waitsForConnectivity NSURLSessionConfiguration's flag. In constructor I set it to true, but this flag is being ignored. In runtime, when network is turned off, request finishes immediately with error -1009. URLSessionTaskDelegate's method urlSession(_ session: URLSession, task: URLSessionTask, didCompleteWithError error: Error?) is triggered immediately. func urlSession(_ session: URLSession, taskIsWaitingForConnectivity task: URLSessionTask) not being called at all.
The reason definitely not is that flag waitsForConnectivity wasn't correctly set: I've checked config in task received by urlSession(_ session: URLSession, task: URLSessionTask, didCompleteWithError error: Error?), and waitsForConnectivity == true.
I also tried to make request without operation queue, and that went fine - behaved such as expected. Maybe have something to do with OperationQueue. Would appreciate your help!
UPDATE: Seems like root of the problem is that Operation being released too early (when request not complete yet). I've tried to synchronise them using DispatchGroup():
override open func start() {
if isCancelled {
isFinished = true
return
}
startDate = Date()
dispatchGroup.enter()
sessionTask?.resume()
dispatchGroup.wait()
localURLSession.finishTasksAndInvalidate()
}
where .leave() is called in URLSessionDelegate's methods. Nothing changed, still not waiting for connectivity.
UPDATE: Here's the error I get in didCompleteWithError:
Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=50, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fc319112de0 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1009 "(null)" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=50, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}}, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <6388AD46-8497-40DF-8768-44FEBB84A8EC>.<1>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(
"LocalDataTask <6388AD46-8497-40DF-8768-44FEBB84A8EC>.<1>",
"LocalDataTask <26BCBD73-FC8B-4A48-8EA2-1172ABB8093C>.<1>"
), NSLocalizedDescription=., NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=}