I am experiencing a weird issue with the Debugger on VS Code, I am following this guide: https://github.com/AdaCore/ada_language_server/wiki/getting-started but can't make it work at all. I have installed the Native Debug extension, gdb is installed...etc. I have been working with Ada for some time but just thought about starting to debug my projects. I am first trying to make it work with a simple project hello_world, like explained on the guide.
I can start the debugger, but it won't show anything, not the variables or the call stack, nothing - just which breakpoints I did toggle. The controls that allow you to step through the code are also empty, as you can see here: https://i.stack.imgur.com/eJ7dC.png
The content of my launch.json is:
{
// Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
// Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
// For more information, visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"name": "Debug",
"type": "gdb",
"request": "launch",
"target": ".objs/hello_world",
"cwd": "${workspaceRoot}",
"valuesFormatting": "parseText",
"preLaunchTask": "ada: Build current project",
}
]
}
The rest are also the same than the guide's. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am a bit lost and don't know what to do.
Thank you.
Edit: Just in case, I did it everything from scratch again, same result. Can't achieve to make it work, debugger controls and variable/watch windows are always empty.
Any ideas?
Thanks!