Google Drive API - Manipulate comment's html content

Viewed 47

I'm trying to add/modify html content to Google Drive's comments. By the comment's definition page linked, it looks like htmlContent is not writable.

Using the Try this API button here I've successfully created, updated and listed comments.

In fact, if I use v2, I am able to send some htmlContent to the comment. Although it does not work as intended, and it just shows my html code.

<span style="color:blue;">Hello</span>

So, is it actually possible to add some html to Google Drive's comments?

If not, why is there an htmlContent in the object at all?

1 Answers

As you can see in the documentation for htmlContent

enter image description here

It appears to not be write able.

So, is it actually possible to add some html to Google Drive's comments?

Though the api it appears this is not possible.

If not, why is there an htmlContent in the object at all?

This may be left over from the v2 of the api, only google could answer this question really.

Related